I've been wanting to write this post for a looooong time, but was afraid to step on any toes. Well you know what? No cares given anymore. I just need to say these things that annoy me about other blogs or bloggers.
1) Only showing the "good side" of your life.
Oh, your blog is a lifestyle blog? So, you're dressed to the nines 24/7, always have your hair done, always happy, have an awesome job with NO issues, your husband and you never, ever fight (how dare I think of the thought!) and your perfectly behaved children never get sick.
Barf. Blogs are meant to express and write. I'm sorry, but if I want to read about a perfect person I'll open up my Bible.
2) Blogs who have people pay for sponsors, when they only have 300 or so followers.
I personally believe that paying for sponsorship is a little ridiculous. Sharing buttons? Awesome! You can pick and choose who you have on your blog, get to meet and talk to new people, and everybody wins!
Unless I have more than a 1,000 followers, you, my dear reader, will never have to pay a dime. I am not here to earn any money from this.
3) Blogs that only complain. I get the whole rant thingy (obviously, this whole post is a rant) every once and a while, but every post? That proves that you are a negative person.
4) Busy blogs that overstimulate my senses!
I like simple. Simple color, simple typeface, simple. I don't want music, white text on black, a million pictures on the side or multiple colors.
5) GIVEAWAYS. This is my BIG one. I love giveaways every once in a while. Once or twice a month? I dig, I dig. Once or twice a week? Please, I come to your blog to hear from YOU, not some meaningless craft that I will never win anyway.
6) Guest posts that don't mean anything. I like guest posts that you WRITE about something. For example, I had Ashley from Sloanbook talk about why Mormons get married so young. BAM. Guest post that MEANS something. A win-win.
7) Blogs that mention something bad happened, but not say what it is. Common phrases like, "Today was a rough day emotionally. Bad things are happening, but I don't want to talk about it here." Or, "Other bad things have happened this year, but I didn't blog about it."
That's almost as bad as people who put their facebook status' as "Worst day ever" and refuse to mention why in the proceeding comments. Don't. Share. It. Then. Ugh.
8) Fashion posts when they aren't a fashion blog. Enough said.
9) Low quality pictures (iPhone or Instagram not included). Humans are visual, hence why we all have blogs. Gimme some good pictures.
10) Badly designed buttons. If you're like me, and rely on buttons to mostly give you page views, invest in them. Design them well, or pay someone to design them for you. It will pay off.
All of this is not meant to offend anyone. Do YOU have any blogging pet peeves of yours? Comment below!
PS Travel Tuesday comin' tomorrow! Check back in to here how I packed for my month long excursion.